Pages

Monday 16 January 2012

Thanks Kaspersky Help! I could take the Exam


Sometimes you might have stuck in situation when the system is infected to such a degree that installing an antivirus solution is impossible. This is the worst case, and becomes extremely difficult to take step regarding troubleshooting.

Yesterday, it happened with me. I was trying to get a print out of an important attachment. The document was important as I needed it urgently for some academic reason. But after repeated attempt I couldn’t do so. Every print command ended with an error message. I restarted the system thinking it might fix the problem, OMG! It resulted into a big challenge.

The system failed to boot that time. And I was left with the blue-screen error. I was unable to come at a conclusion as what wrong I had done. I even had the Kaspersky security software installed on my system to protect it against Internet threats. Then, I called up a friend who is a bit tech savvy, he started the system in Safe Mode, and told me that it’s infected, and better you contact Kaspersky Support. I was really puzzled as I needed the document to take my exam paper in the afternoon.

Nevertheless, I dialed the Kaspersky number, and was lucky enough to get access to a technician on-demand. He instructed me to boot the system using the Kaspersky Rescue CD, thankfully I had it. I followed the troubleshooting steps, and the problem was resolved. The utility scanned the system software while booting to eradicate the most stubborn viruses and malware from it. It also optimized the performance. I thanked the suave technician who did a miracle for me.
I took the print out, and could reach the exam center on time. Thanks KasperskyHelp!