Pages

Thursday 8 December 2011

Fix AVG Update Issue In A Quick and Easy Way

AVG Help
Yesterday, I was caught in a weird computer issue. The system was getting restarted on its own after every 10 to 15 minutes. Also, it was running slower than usual. It was the first instance, when I was heading a PC problem since I purchased it last year.


It was really shocking, despite the AVG Security ‘how it can happen?’ For a moment I stayed mum, a news regarding computer viruses which I had read last week was flashing live in my mind. And, I was terrified with the possible consequences.

I didn’t expect that it can happen with my PC, as I had the AVG Security on it. Then, someone suggested me that updating AVG can fix this issue. I did it, the problem was fixed but it gave birth to another issue. For me, it was like jumping from a frying pan into the fire.

A pop-up about the homepage change was flashing repeatedly. It frustrated me a lot. Then I contacted the AVG Support, which instructed me to fix the problem as:

  • Open “Internet Explorer”.
  • Open the “Tools” menu (you can use the shortcut Alt X in IE 9, or Alt T in IE 8 and IE 7 to enter the Tools menu).
  • Select “Internet Options”.
  • In the “Home page” section, change your home page address; click “OK” to save the changes.
  • Your home page will be now displayed properly.
Later, he took the remote access of my PC to clear off viruses and spyware. First, he took the backup of the registry settings, using a tool, and then manually removed those by editing the registry hive suitably. The result was awesome, the system was booting well, and I was able to access files, programs and webpages in an error-free way. Thanks! AVG Help, it’s worth friendship.