Pages

Friday 14 October 2011

Complete Removal of Avast Antivirus from your System


Last weekend, due to some security reasons, I was supposed to uninstall Avast antivirus from my system, it was a little strange, when I was not able to properly remove it from my system. Despite of eliminating it from “Add or Remove” folder, it was still not getting away. I was just stuck into it, as I did not have any idea to come out of this matter.  But, fortunately, I found a contact number of Avast support helpline through Internet! I had a smile on my face, as it was the only ray of hope left, to resolve my system’s issue. 

Very happy to say! Finally, my system’s issue got resolved, due to the prompt response from that highly skilled Avast help technician, who was capable of quickly sensing and resolving the issue. So if some of you are wondering to know the troubleshooting for the same, here are the quick steps to resolve the issue:

Step1: The first step will be to download the file namely “Aswclear.exe”, which can also be downloaded from any of the Avast support websites.

Step2: Next, start your windows in the “Safe Mode”, by pressing F8 key of your keyboard on system restart.

Step3: After that, you need to double-click on “Aswclear.exe” utility for initiating the uninstallation process.

Step4: Choose the location of the folder, where your antivirus is installed. After that, click the button namely “Remove”, and restart your system.  Make sure that you have not selected any other folder, which is not related to “Avast”, as it can also delete your personal data.

This is an intermittent issue, so if some of you are encountered with it, you can resolve it quickly with the help of above-stated steps.